Participant Registration: 4th of July Main Parade 2021
March in An Edmonds Kind of 4th Main Parade and show off what is so great about the greater Edmonds area!
Deadline to Register: Friday, June 25, 2021 at 5:00pm
REGISTRATIONS ONLINE ONLY Your support is instrumental in continuing our tradition of a July 4th family celebration. The following fees are charged to participants:
• $35 for groups & individuals to march in parade. Additional $35 for a vehicle - limit 2
• All vehicles entered in the parade must pay a $35 entrance fee and also be decorated in a patriotic manner in keeping with the event.
• $500 entry fee for any person running for political office - if election date is within 12 months of this event. Includes ONE vehicle. This category will be limited to 10 entries.
• $100 entry fee plus $35 vehicle fees (limit 2) for commercial entries, businesses, corporations, or any entry displaying a commercial ad (even if the advertising display is on a vehicle in a non-commercial entry).
• All sponsorship packages above $1,500 include 3 motor vehicles as entries in the parade without the $35 - per-vehicle charge. Additional vehicles are each subject to the $35 fee - limit 2 additional.
• Applications to be in the parade will not be considered if fees from a previous year remain unpaid.
• Units which are not pre-registered are not authorized to participate in the event because of potential liability.
• Unregistered entries in the event are not approved by the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce, do not qualify as participants in the event, are not covered by the Chamber insurance, and are not authorized to participate in the event because of potentially undocumented liabilities.
**IMPORTANT - READ CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING**
The 2021 4th of July events are planned pending the approval by Edmonds City Council AND the June 30th complete re-opening of the state, as the Governor has proclaimed. If that date holds true there will be NO restrictions on crowd size, mask-wearing or vaccination confirmation for events like these. The Chamber does not have the capacity to manage mass crowds, mask-wearing, or vaccination confirmation. Please only commit participating in the parade if you are comfortable with these conditions.
If the state does not completely re-open by June 30th OR Edmonds City Council cannot approve the event, some of the 4th of July events will be cancelled. If the parade gets cancelled you will be notified by the email address associated with your registration. *IF THE PARADE IS CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS, YOUR REGISTRATION FEE WILL BE RETAINED AS A DONATION TO THE EDMONDS CHAMBER. Fees cover labor costs, equipment down payments and other expenses incurred in planning. Thank you for your support!
4th OF JULY SCHEUDLE 8:00 am Beat Brackett 5K - Start & Finish at City Park NOON Main Parade (check-in begins at 9:30 am at 7th Ave N. and Glen St)
10:00pm Fireworks Show (Civic Field)
PARADE RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Edmonds Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to remove any entry from the parade, without refund, that refuses to follow all instructions from the Parade Officials, Parade Committee or the City of Edmonds Police.
If the parade is cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions, registration fees will be retained by the Edmonds Chamber as a donation.
Your registration is final - No Refunds.
No one may participate in any manner deemed to be unsafe by the Parade Officials.
Floats must be fire-retardant, carry a regulation fire extinguisher and have restraints for all float personnel. The driver must have a 180 degree field of vision and carry a valid driver’s license. No smoking on or near a float at any time.
Only entries that have paid a Commercial Entry Fee may carry or display a commercial message.
DO NOT THROW ANYTHING FROM YOUR FLOAT / VEHICLE. No material (such as candy, literature, product samples, favors, etc.) may be thrown from vehicles or by walkers; this draws children into the street and into the path of vehicles. Parade participants may walk along the parade route and hand such items directly to spectators.
No water or other material spraying devices may be used by parade participants along the parade route.
Parade participants may not jump off of and back onto a moving vehicle in the parade.
Consumption of and/or possession of alcoholic beverages or illegal substances is forbidden.
Units are expected to maintain a distance of two car lengths between each entry.
Marching units, floats and vehicles must maintain forward movement.
All animal entries must include their own clean-up crew.
Parade route is 9/10th of a mile long.
Height limit for any unit is 14 feet.
Length limit for any unit 40 feet total (vehicle and trailer/float)
Other questions call Edmonds Chamber of Commerce at (425) 670-1496
EDMONDS 4TH OF JULY PARADE AWARD CATEGORIES
Most Patriotic – best application of patriotic theme and decorations
Spirit of ’76 – best depiction of the spirit of liberty and sacrifice
Most Original – unusual design and presentation
Funniest – whimsical in design and presentation
Mayor’s Trophy – overall excellence
Best Decorated – creativity and imagination in design/decoration
Chamber Trophy – best business or commercial entry
Community Service Trophy – best service organization or non-profit
Downtown Edmonds, parade starts at 6th Ave & Main St.
Participant ($35 per group, no vehicle included)
Commercial ($100 entry fee, no vehicle included)
Political ($500 entry fee, one vehicle included). Limited to 10 entries total in parade.
Add a Vehicle ($35 per vehicle fee/limit 2 per entry)