Main Parade Registration: 4th of July 2022
REGISTRATIONS FOR THE 2022 PARADE ARE NOW CLOSED
Thank you for understanding that the Chamber is a small staff of 3, with just one dedicated to all community events. We need plenty of time to get everything ready!
The Edmonds 4th of July Main Parade boasts a lineup of 90-100 entries with 15,000+ people in attendance! One of the biggest parades in the region, we would love to have your group join in the fun. All sorts of entries are welcome, including neighborhood groups, High School graduating classes and classic car clubs. Join us as we celebrate the great ol’ U S of A!
REGISTRATIONS ONLINE ONLY – DEADLINE MON, JUNE 20 @5PM
Your support is instrumental in continuing our tradition of a July 4th family celebration.
The following fees are charged to participants:
- Groups & Individuals - $35. No vehicle included. Add a vehicle for $35 - limit 2*
- Commercial, Business, Corporation - $100. No vehicle included. Add a vehicle for $35 - limit 2
- Political - $500. 1 vehicle included. Add a vehicle for $35 - limit 2. For any person running for political office to advertise your campaign. Category is limited to 10 entries. If you are running for office, you cannot participate in the parade unless you register as a political entry. (The only exception is if the current mayor is running – the Edmonds mayor has a standing position in each year’s parade but cannot advertise their campaign.)
- Motorcycle Club - $35. Includes 4 bikes. Option to add 4 bikes for $35 - max 8 additional.
- Automobile Club - $40. Includes 2 vehicles. Option to add 2 vehicles for $35 - max 4 additional.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- All vehicles entered in the parade must be decorated in a patriotic manner in keeping with the event.
- Applications to be in the parade will not be considered if fees from a previous year remain unpaid.
- Unregistered entries in the event are not approved by the Edmonds Chamber of Commerce, do not qualify as participants in the event, are not covered by the Chamber insurance, and are not authorized to participate in the event because of potentially undocumented liabilities. If your group shows up at registration without having registered you will be turned away.
- DO NOT THROW ANYTHING INTO THE CROWD. You must communicate this to all of your group’s participants. The Edmonds Police may remove your group from the parade if you do. This is a safety precaution to prevent children from running into the road. You may hand candy/swag directly to individuals in the crowd.
PARADE RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Edmonds Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to remove any entry from the parade, without refund, that refuses to follow all instructions from the Parade Officials, Parade Committee or the City of Edmonds Police.
- Your registration is final - No Refunds.
- No one may participate in any manner deemed to be unsafe by the Parade Officials.
- Floats must be fire-retardant, carry a regulation fire extinguisher and have restraints for all float personnel. The driver must have a 180 degree field of vision and carry a valid driver’s license. No smoking on or near a float at any time.
- Only entries that have paid a Commercial Entry Fee may carry or display a commercial message.
- DO NOT THROW ANYTHING INTO THE CROWD. No material (such as candy, literature, product samples, favors, etc.) may be thrown from vehicles or by walkers; this draws children into the street and into the path of vehicles. Parade participants may walk along the parade route and hand such items directly to spectators.
- No water or other material spraying devices may be used by parade participants along the parade route.
- Parade participants may not jump off of and back onto a moving vehicle in the parade.
- Consumption of and/or possession of alcoholic beverages or illegal substances is forbidden.
- Units are expected to maintain a distance of two car lengths between each entry.
- Marching units, floats and vehicles must maintain forward movement.
- All animal entries must include their own clean-up crew.
- Parade route is 9/10th of a mile long (see map of route at www.edmondsfourth.com)
- Height limit for any unit is 14 feet.
- Length limit for any unit 40 feet total (vehicle and trailer/float)
- Width limit for any unit is 12 feet.
EDMONDS MAIN PARADE AWARD CATEGORIES
- Most Patriotic – best application of patriotic theme and decorations
- Most Original – unusual design and presentation
- Funniest – whimsical in design and presentation
- Mayor’s Trophy – overall excellence
- Best Decorated – creativity and imagination in design/decoration
- Chamber Trophy – best business or commercial entry
Date and Time
Monday Jul 4, 2022
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM PDT
11:30am Children’s Parade (check-in begins at 9:30 am at 5th Ave. S. & Walnut St.)
NOON Main Parade (check-in begins at 9:30 am at 7th Ave. & Glen St.)
Downtown Edmonds, parade starts at 6th Ave & Main St.
•General Participant ($35 per group, no vehicle included)
•Commercial ($100 entry fee, no vehicle included)
•Political ($500 entry fee, one vehicle included).
Alicia Moreno, Event Coordinator & Donor Relations